Also follow my Art Blog

Also follow my Art Blog
Super Sarah Studio

It chronicles art I do.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Beginning

Anne was standing in the hall going through a datapad, checking all of her test answers to make sure they were correct. As she lifted her eyes after confirming which relay the probe droid's broadcast antennae connected through she noticed an odd man at the end of the hall.  He seemed to know where he was going, but his clothing was too ragged to be a student or teacher at this school. He carried a large black case. Anne quickly pretended to read her datapad as she realized she was standing there staring with her mouth open. Hopefully he didn't notice.  He walked right past her into the classroom she had just exited.

" Mr. Jones I have everything you asked for as long as you have what I required."   " I told you to wait for me outside. This is most unsettling. However, lucky for you I have your payment here."   Anne could hear the case being loudly placed on a desk and the cold snap of metal unlocking.   " Please inspect the cargo at your leisure. If there's anything else you or your friends need, don't hesitate to COM me."

Anne wondered what a teacher would need such a rough man like this to buy for him. She heard footsteps coming back out of the classroom and Anne held her gaze on her datapad. 

All of a sudden, she realized the man was in front of her and not moving. She raised her gaze to see him staring at her with a wide smile.
"Hey girl, is there a good cantina on this rock?"
Anne studied his face. That smile. 
"I'm no girl."
"Alright, woman, where should we go spend these hard earned chips?"

No comments:

Post a Comment